We have been invited back to Churchill Downs to lead their Chapel Service on Monday, June 4th at 7:00pm. We will taking the Band and Worship Choir. MARK YOUR CALENDAR! I will have more details at rehearsal on Wednesday.
WORSHIP CHOIR & BAND…
I hope you’ve had a great week so far! I’d like to begin this week by revisiting some points I made last week regarding your personal rehearsal and preparation time:
1. Remember to rehearse on your own. Please try to spend one hour with your music prior to Wednesday’s rehearsal and one hour prior to Sunday’s services. You should be getting a rehearsal reminder from Planning Center around 10:00am every Monday. Take a few minutes to look over the upcoming service and make sure you have all the correct charts prior to arriving on Wednesday. If you are missing anything, please let me know before you arrive on Wednesday (not after rehearsal begins).
Here is the schedule we will follow on Wednesday evening:
7:30-7:45pm… Everyone in Choir Room
7:45-8:30pm… separate rehearsal time
8:30-9:00pm… joint rehearsal in WC
Here is the Sunday morning schedule:
8:15am – Band and Vocal Team Sound Check
8:30am – Choir Sound Check
8:45am – Break
8:50am – Meet in Choir Room for Scripture & Prayer
8:55am – Band and Vocal Team on Platform
2. I want to challenge you to get out of the printed music as much as possible. Try to memorize one song from each week’s set-list. Many times we tend to become so focused on what’s on our music stand (or for vocalists, what’s projected on the back wall) that we forget to focus on God and engage with our congregation.
3. Please be on time! (I’ve been late a couple of times myself during the past couple of months.) We really need to keep a tight schedule on Wednesday evening and, especially on Sunday morning, so that we can have time to ‘be still’ and pray before the service begins.
4. Check PlanningCenterOnline.com 24 hours prior to Sunday’s services for the final service order. We (the staff) sometimes make last minute changes. The service order for Sunday is usually finalized by the time I leave the office on Thursday afternoon. You should be getting an email from Planning Center every Friday morning around 10:00am regarding Sunday’s services. Take a second to view the service and make note of anything that may have changed.
5. Most importantly…DON’T FORGET TO PRAY! We need to be in constant prayer for our worship team, our staff and our congregation. I thank those of you who remained after rehearsal on Wednesday to pray for those who will be filling the pews this weekend. We also need to be in constant praise and worship to God. Ask HIM to empower us to lead His people into His presence this weekend, and then be open to receive that empowerment.
See below for a list of the music we will be working on this week.
WEDNESDAY WORSHIP PREPARATION…
Music for this coming weekend is listed below. In addition to the service music for Sunday, The Choir will be working on the following:
Your Great Name – PraiseCharts (for 5/27 & 6/10)
Always – PraiseCharts (for 6/3)
How Great Is The Love – PraiseCharts (for 6/10)
The Great Day – Octavo (for 6/17)
WORSHIP MUSIC FOR THIS SUNDAY… (5/13)
To view this service, click here to log in to your PCO (Planning Center Online) account,
or click here to view without logging in, or download the complete order here in PDF.
SERMON TITLE: The Purity Pursuer
SCRIPTURE: Mark 7:14-23
SOUND CHECK: RED Vocal Team & Band – 8.15am / Worship Choir – 8.30am
SERVICE TIMES: 9am & 10.30am
COLOR: SPRING COLOR PALETTE (Note: You CAN wear lighter shades of these colors.)
Jesus Messiah – PraiseCharts
Mighty To Save – PraiseCharts
Jesus Paid It All – PraiseCharts
The Same Love – PraiseCharts
From the Inside Out – PraiseCharts
SCRIPTURE FOR THIS WEEK…
What Defiles a Person
And he called the people to him again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you, and understand: There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.” And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” (Thus he declared all foods clean.) And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”
2012 SCHEDULES & STUFF…
The new schedules for Media, Vocals and Band are available. You can download them from the links below, or pick on up at church.
MEDIA TEAM SCHEDULE JAN-JUN 2012
VOCAL TEAM SCHEDULE JAN-JUN 2012
BAND SCHEDULE JAN-JUN 2012
SPRING COLOR PALETTE
HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!